ICID 14 => SUN_VOLUME_UNBINNED
- Sun irradiance over the quartz volume reflection diffuser.
- Unbinned sun irradiance measurements over the quartz volume reflection diffuser.
- Monitoring of spectral calibration.
- Monitoring of spectral slit function calibration.
- Monitoring of spectral and spatial diffuser features.
- Near the north pole, first light measurements, then dark measurements.
- From launch onwards, once per week.
Sun over quartz volume reflection diffuser unbinned measurement. First, the light measurements are performed, then the dark measurements are performed. It takes about 8*2=16 seconds to read out one complete image. The purpose of these unbinned measurements is to monitor the spectral calibration parameters, spectral slit function parameters and spectral and spatial diffuser features on unbinned measurement data and compare to binned measurement data. The dark (background) measurements of ICID 15 are eventually used to correct these light measurements in the 0-1 data processing.