ICID 70 => SUN_REGULAR_UNBINNED
- Sun irradiance over the regular aluminium reflection diffuser.
- Unbinned sun irradiance measurements over the regular aluminium reflection diffuser.
- Monitoring of spectral calibration.
- Monitoring of spectral slit function calibration.
- Monitoring of spectral and spatial diffuser features.
- Near the north pole, first light measurements, then dark measurements.
- Launch and Early Operations Phase (LEOP). Not used after 7 October 2004 (orbit 1224).
Sun over regular aluminium reflection diffuser unbinned measurement. First, the light measurements are performed, then the dark measurements are performed. It takes about 8*2=16 seconds to read out one complete image. The purpose of these unbinned measurements is to monitor the spectral calibration parameters, spectral slit function parameters and spectral and spatial diffuser features on unbinned measurement data and compare to binned measurement data. The dark (background) measurements of ICID 71 are eventually used to correct these light measurements in the 0-1 data processing.