OMI Products Overview
- Important Information for OMI Data Users (row anomaly)
- Standard products
- Near Real Time products
- Very Fast Delivery products
- Science products under developement
Important Information for OMI Data Users
OMI has suffered from a so-called “row anomaly”. It affects particular viewing directions, corresponding to rows on the CCD detector, hence the name “row anomaly”. Other viewing directions are of optimal quality. Please read this information carefully prior to using OMI data.
The first appearance of the row anomaly is on June 25th, 2007. At that time, it appeared only in rows 53 and 54 (zero-based). From May 11th, 2008, cross-track scenes 37-41 (0-based) are affected as well. In January 2009 the range of rows extended to 27 - 44, while the original rows 53 and 54 remain affected. Since then the behavior of the row anomaly has remained dynamic. Which rows are affected and to what extent varies with time. Please visit the “Overview” section of our detailed technical information page for the most up to date information and details. A graphical overview of the affected rows is available on the background page.
Recommendations To Users
At the moment no corrections have been implemented in the operational level 1B and level 2 data. Please use the flagging provided in the level 1B and level 2 products to filter out affected data. All other OMI data, meaning unflagged scenes and earlier observations, is of optimal quality. Level-3 products are being produced after filtering for the flagged scenes.
Please visit the README and Data Product Quality Information for the OMI data product of your interest at the NASA DISC pages for OMI data.
Row Anomaly Corrections
The OMI team is aware of the anomaly and is currently investigating whether corrections for the effects can be implemented in the data-processing software. Please visit this information page regularly for updates on the status of corrections implemented and visit our detailed technical information page.
Row Anomaly Flagging
The Level 1B data are flagged for the row anomaly via the XTrackQualityFlags field. Most level 2 products have this information available now, either by copying the XTrackQualityFlags field into the level 2 product or via other newly defined flags in the level 2 product. Please check the README file of the L2 products for more information. Please visit our detailed technical information page for details on the current flagging status of the Level 1B and Level 2 products.
Row anomaly RSS feed
|Ozone, Total column (TOMS)||OMTO3||P.K. Bhartia|
|Ozone, Total column (DOAS)||OMDOAO3||J.P. Veefkind|
|Ozone, Profile||OMPROO3||J.F. de Haan|
|Aerosol (AOT & ASSA)||OMAERUV||O. Torres|
|Aerosol (AOT and A. types)||OMAERO||D. Stein Zweers|
|NO2, Total and trop. columnn||OMNO2||J.F. Gleason|
|Cloud Pressure and Fraction (O2-O2)||OMCLDO2||J.P. Veefkind|
|Cloud Pressure and Fraction (Raman Scattering)||OMCLDRR||J. Joiner|
|Surface UVB flux||OMUVB||A. Tanskanen|
|SO2, Total column||OMSO2||N.A. Krotkov|
|HCHO, Total column||OMHCHO||Thomas Kurosu|
|BrO, Total column||OMBRO||Thomas Kurosu|
|OClO, Slant column||OMOCLO||Thomas Kurosu|
|Surface Reflectance||OMLER||Q.L. Kleipool|
|OMI Slit Function||OMSLIT||J. van Geffen|
Other available OMI products
Near Real Time (NRT) Level 2 & 4 products (by KNMI):
Available (within 3 hours after observation) at the TEMIS web site.
- DOMINO Near Real Time Level-4 NO2 products:
- Images of total & tropospheric NO2 column amounts
- Data of total & tropospheric NO2 column amounts.
- Archive of images en data (1 January 2005 - current day)
- Near Real Time ozone products:
- Images of assimilated OMDOAO3 total column amounts (1 Day forecast)
- Coming soon: Images of forecast up to 9 days ahead of OMDOAO3 total column amounts
- Images of assimilated OMDOAO3 total column amounts
- HDF data files of assimilated OMDOAO3 total ozone column amounts
- Archive of images and data (15 November 2004 - current day)
- Images of level 2 OMDOAO3 total ozone column amounts.
- Archive of images (25 May 2005 - current day)
Very Fast Delivery products (by FMI):
Available (within 30 minutes after observation) at the OMI-VFD products web site.
- Images of total O3 column amounts
- Images of UV Index
- Images of erythemally weighted daily dose of UV radiation.
Science products under developement
- Tropospheric ozone column
- Tropospheric ozone profile
- Glyoxal (CHOCHO)